Saturday, February 13, 2016

Concept: How to be Super Happy when you're Super Single


I wrote a letter to my future boyfriend telling him about all the things that my ex boyfriends did to me. This, of course, is a letter that is given to no-one because I'm not currently dating anyone. However, after writing about my ex boyfriends, I realized just how OKAY it was that I wasn't dating anyone.

With Valentine's Day coming up, there's a lot of pressure on some single people. Some people feel the need to have sex, others are sad that they're single. It's all very natural, and if you feel this way, don't put yourself down. Sometimes it really sucks to be single. You may miss sex, or cuddling. You may miss dates or nights in. There's a lot of things that are great about relationships.

But there are a lot of things that are great about being single too:

1. You can find yourself.

People have laughed at me, multiple times, when I have said this. Finding yourself has turned into a concept that is ever so silly. However, I have found myself through being single. I learn about things that I love to do. I know I love to write and make movies. I know I love laser tag  - especially when i'm wearing my batman onesie. I know I love hot chocolate and mayo on chips and I know that I love these things entirely on my own. And I'd love to share these things with someone one day, but for now I adore the fact that I love these things. So. Take this time to find things you love.

2. YOU HAVE TIME

Relationships take up a lot of your time. That's wonderful when it happens, but use all the free time you have to do something wonderful. Make a film. Join a pottery class. Learn to bake. Dance. Use this time to find new things that thrill you.



3. Learn what you want to love.

It's easy to say yes to every person that asks you out. But, you can use this time when you're single to reflect. Think back on what worked for you and what you hated. Think about what you're genuinely looking for in a human, and then don't settle. I know that I want someone who is a total geek, but still has ambition. I want someone who takes charge and is spontaneous. I want someone, most of all, who RESPECTS me. And believe it or not, that's incredibly hard to find. But, I refuse to settle for someone who doesn't have these beautiful characteristics because I've settled in the past. Use your singleness to your advantage.

4. Spend your money on yourself

I bought myself a camera. And I bought myself earrings. And movie tickets. And good food. I'm dating myself. I know what I want, and treating myself always makes me feel better. Allow yourself treats! You DESERVE it!

5. There is nothing wrong with being single.

Just remember this. There's nothing wrong with you. You are not too fat, or too ugly. You're not too loud, or too quiet. You are not too dumb, or too blonde, or too anything. You are absolutely wonderful the way that you are, and the right person will see that and cherish you.

This Valentine's day, go out with your friends. My friends and I have very cute plans, and I'm SO excited for them. Enjoy yourself, BE SO HAPPY YOU'RE SINGLE! And if it feels sad at the end of the night, enjoy the 70% off chocolate tomorrow.

Happy Valentine's Day!



Concept: Loving Yourself. This blog will inspire you to feel a bit more confident every day. All words and pictures are original. Copyright. Contact author for picture or quotes before use. I love you. You are worth it. Have a day that connects your body, mind, and soul and leaves you feeling respected, loved, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment